What is a Denison Club?
Each year, more than 80 special events are hosted for the Denison family both on campus and around the globe, all providing opportunities to connect with Denisonians of all ages. Being a Denisonian has its privileges, and Alumni Relations wants you to take full advantage of the resources and programs it offers. Denison Club events are open to all Denisonians—alumni (with or without a Denison diploma), parents of current and former students, current and former faculty members, and anyone who is simply a friend of the college. Denison Club “membership” is a state of mind.
Examples of club events include: professional athletic events, Freshman Welcome parties, sorting food at an area food bank, After work social, hosting Denison faculty for lectures, and so much more. Events are selected by the local club leadership and each club hosts a unique set of events throughout the year.
What is the misson of the Clubs program?
The overall mission of the clubs program is to ensure healthy and long-term relationships with Denison’s alumni, parents and friends across all generations by:
- Reaffirming pride and commitment in Denison
- Bringing Denison to all alumni, parents and friends, wherever they may be
- Uniting Denison alumni, parents and friends in fellowship
- Fostering healthy relationships for the advancement of the University
- Keeping individuals connected to Denison
- Celebrating Denison’s continued excellence.
How do I start a Club?
First, review the listing of active clubs. If a club exists in your area please contact the club leadership to get involved. If a club does not exist in your area, review the Clubs Guide
and then contact either the National Clubs Chair or the Associate Director of Alumni Relations to discuss next steps in starting a new club.
Ready to plan a Club event?
Denison Clubs offer alumni and friends of Denison a variety of activities, services, and opportunities that help to enhance Denison's visibility and reputation in your community. You can rekindle old friendships, make new acquaintances, continue lifelong learning, enjoy special events, and forge professional connections. Examples of club events that enhance Denison's visibility and reputation in your community include:
- Arranging a discussion and reception with a current Denison professor on relevant topics
- Planing a networking program that brings together Denisonians from a specific professional sector to learn from one another and forge business connections.
- Gather at a performance of a Denison student music group or a Denison alumni performer
As you move forward with planning your Cub event please take time to fill out the following form:
By completing this form you are ensuring that all the logistics for your event have been appropriately covered. Do you have questions about this form or planning your event? Please contact Melissa Clarke Beckett '04 in the Office of Alumni Relations.
Your Denison University experience is not just about your time on the Hill. There are many opportunities, connections, programs, and resources available for you after graduation. If you're an alumnus/alumna and want to get involved, connected and otherwise engaged -- this is a great place to start! Two alumnae, Melissa Clarke Beckett '04 and Whitney Adams '07, are a part of the Alumni Relations team here to serve the needs and interests of our alumni.
Contact Melissa, Associate Director of Alumni Relations, if you want to:
- Host a Club event; Become a part of the the club leadership in your area; Start a club in your area; Host an After Work with Denison...Everywhere event;
- Are a Club Leader who needs help coming up with new and innovative programming for your region; wants to create an assessment to to determine the interests of Denisonians in your area; would like your Club information updated on the DensionEverywhere.com website
- Reminisce about living in Shaw (especially on the 4th floor); being involved in LeaderShape; majored in Biology; are a member of a fraternity or sorority; still have a deep love for Whits Frozen Custard
Contact Whitney, National Chair of the Denison Club program, if you are:
- A current Club leader, or a Club board, in transition with new members
- A new Club leader and we haven't been introduced!
- Someone who, on a sunny day, would rather be hanging out on East Quad; your first stop off the hill is Brews; has fond memories toward the acronyms DUCAB, IES or SAC.
Call the Office of Alumni Relations at 1.877.336.8648, option 4, or email:
Melissa Clarke Beckett '04 ~ Associate Director, Alumni Relations
Whitney Adams '07 ~ National Clubs Chair, Alumni Council