The Registrar's Office is responsible for the maintenance of student academic records and the issuing of academic transcripts. In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Public Law 93-568) (also known as FERPA or the "Buckley Amendment") personnel in the Office of the Registrar will issue transcripts only upon the written consent of the student. The few and rare exceptions to this directive are outlined in the legislation and have been shared with students in a policy statement included with registration materials each fall semester. The following principles govern the issuance of transcripts and should be of interest to requestors:
- There are no charges for the issuance of transcripts.
- "Holds" may be placed on the issuance of transcripts if the student has unpaid financial obligations to the institution. Contact the Cashier's office at (740) 587-6274 to resolve holds.
- Transcripts are processed in the order they are received. Unless you have an outstanding financial obligation to the College or other hold on your record, your request will be processed within 48 hours, except during office peak times and high volume. Processing time does not reflect delivery time.
- Special handling charges and mailing fees ($20.00) will be assessed for same day service and priority mail (Federal Express or UPS).
- Transcripts may be requested by submitting a Transcript Request Form [pdf]. E-mail requests cannot be honored since federal law requires that we have your signature with each request.
- Due to confidentiality concerns, we do NOT fax transcripts out. They will only be mailed to the address you provide. However, arrangements can be made for special delivery service by contacting the Registrar's Office.
- We do not follow up to determine if transcripts were received by the Intended recipient. If your name has changed since you attended Denison, be sure to inform the recipient of your previous names. This will assist them when matching the transcript to your file.
Transcript Request Form
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 740-587-6296.